Saturday 21 September 2013

Transition

tran·si·tion (trn-zshn, -ssh-)
n.
Passage from one form, state, style, or place to another.  In my case from Glasgow to the Isle of Bute!

After almost 40 years living and breathing the same busy city life, the chance of moving and laying down fresh quiet island roots was too good an opportunity to pass up.
Having always enjoyed the adventure of world travel and exploring new exotic places, the chance to sample a different way of living on my own doorstep is a dream come true.
Rewind a month and the handing over of keys to our seafront flat ensured that myself, my husband and our chilled out pup had a cozy island den to start our new life in.
Fast forward a month and I can't believe how quickly time has passed. with many of those hours spent gazing out our windows at passing sailing boats, the coming and goings of the island ferry and general people watching and daydreaming.  I've pinched myself many times as I've padded along the beach, happy dog in tow, watching the sunsets and sunrises, the waves lapping in and out and gazing into the crystal clear water with billowing seaweed and bobbing jellyfish below.
Despite the Isle of Bute never being a place I had thought of moving to, now I'm here I already feel at home. Yes, there are things that need improving and faded buildings that need uplifting but the natural beauty and friendliness of everyone I've met so far overshadow any blemishes. 
Now that I have internet connection I can finally start charting the charms and quirks of island life and hopefully convincing some of you to visit and experience this beautiful place for yourself, perhaps even sharing your own Buteiful adventures.
And so my period of transition is starting to come to an end and new beginnings unfold...


No comments:

Post a Comment